Dr Darren Smith is one of the renowed plastic surgeons who specializes in liposuction. He says, “Liposuction is a safe procedure with minimal downtime if performed by an experienced surgeon”. But what exactly are the benefits and risks associated with this cosmetic operation? Let’s explore to find out.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat from certain body areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, neck, arms, back and chest. Liposuction aims to improve body contour and proportion by removing stubborn deposits of fat that can’t be eliminated through diet or exercise alone.
Benefits Of Liposuction
1. Improved Body Contours: One of the main advantages of liposuction is it helps people achieve their desired body shape by removing unwanted pockets of fat from specific areas. This gives them a slimmer look without having to work hard at dieting and exercising.
2. Quicker Results: Diet and exercise may require months or even years before any visible changes are seen in your body shape while liposuction can yield results much faster in just a few months.
3. Boosts Self-confidence and self-esteem: Liposuction makes individuals feel better about themselves, leading to improved self-confidence and self-esteem levels, thereby increasing their overall well-being and quality of life.
Risks Of Liposuction
1. Complications: Like any other surgery, liposuction carries risks such as infection, bleeding, uneven skin contours due to over or under-suction, etc., which need to be considered before deciding to have it done.
2. Scarring: Another common side effect of liposuction is scarring, which can cause discomfort when wearing clothes that show the scars.
3. Fluid build-up: Fluid build-up may occur around the incisions after surgery, which usually goes away on its own, but sometimes may require additional medical attention.
Is it worth it?
It all depends on individual needs as each person has different goals they want to achieve with this procedure, so it would be wise to consult an experienced doctor like Dr Darren Smith before deciding whether or not liposuction is worth it for you. It would help if you also learned about the potential risks involved to know exactly what you’re getting into.